If you have received a recent order of toxin vials and noticed they are empty, it's understandable to have concerns about their authenticity. However, this is a common occurrence due to the manufacturing process. This post will explain why the vials may appear empty and provide instructions for reconstituting the toxin.
Why does the toxin vial look empty?
So if it’s your first time receiving toxins, don’t be surprised if your Botox bottle appears empty. This is perfectly normal and is how it should look like. Look closely at the bottom of the vial, and you will find a very fine white powder or transparent dry circles. This is because these types of toxins are vacuum-dried and must be reconstituted with saline before they can be used.
There are two methods of producing vacuum-dried toxins. In both manufacturing processes, the toxin is frozen, and the ice is evaporated under low pressure. Let’s check both.
- Freeze-drying method
The freeze-drying process is based on the melting point of water. Some examples of brands using this method are Botulax, Liztox, Rentox and G-tox.
The vacuum drying process is based on the boiling point of water. Metox, Nabota, Neotox, Toxta, Wondertox and Ellelux are brands that use this manufacturing method. The toxin state of this type can be seen as dry transparent circles at the bottom of the vial. This is a second-generation technology that does not leave a powder residue.
How to reconstitute the toxin?
When you receive your products, it is strongly advised that you immediately place the botox vials in a refrigerator (preferably a medical refrigerator) with a temperature of 2-8 degrees Celsius (or 35.6-46.4 degrees Fahrenheit).
Do not be concerned if the botox vials you received are warm or if they have been left outside. Toxins can survive for a few days or weeks in higher temperatures. The worst thing that can happen is that your toxin has no effect because the toxins may have died if left out in the heat for more than a week. So, once you’ve received the botox vials, try not to leave it out of the refrigerator for too long.